Monday, October 8, 2007

The Park

This time of year you really have to love it. For a cyclist it is a true advantage. It is a way to keep baseline fitness when short on time. You can do hill work, long rides or a casual recovery ride. It is in our backyard. For me, It is alot like being a surfer living on a beach with a great break. You always have a place to challenge yourself. I hope it never goes away. Tonight Neil and I rode and talked. We saw friends out riding, People training, and the casual pedestrian. I love the changing colors and the cool crisp air. Cycling is alot like other individual sports in that it isn't about the individual at all. It is about the chance to challenge oneself in the company of others or to find comraderie and friendship on the bike. Ultimately, we all have to find what drives us. This afternoon summed it up for me pretty good. Cycling is about soul. Not much else.
Thanks,
Erik

2 comments:

Home Skillet said...

sorry I didnt stop to say hello- my bud and i were trying to kick it hard...for his sake. yes, HE was the one wearing the pippy longstockigns socks...however I would love to have a pair.

Erik said...

No worries! It was good to see you in the park. You guys were moving.