Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My prediction for the Tour........

Okay, I am not big on predictions. Particularly cycling predictions. The sport is to variable and unpredictable. This year is wide open. I really think there are two favorites. Alejandro Valverde and Vinokurov. Both have strong teams. Vino has been very strong but I am guessing he is peaking to early. Valverde had a strong spring and then was sick but has been training hard. My guess is he will peak when they hit the mountains. So, my pick is the "Green Bullet" for the win! That being said, there are alot of miles and anything could happen. Crashes, sickness, and major meltdowns have been known to ruin many a chance at the podium. We haven't even touched on Puerto or any other unknown doping investigation. Both of these guys could be out at anytime as there is speculation that they could have some involvement in puerto. There are other good riders. Sastre, Leipheimer, Evans, and Moreau all have outside chances. I just don't see it, but we shall see......

No comments: