Monday, August 13, 2007

ride diary

My challenges with regards to getting riding in are well chronicled of late. Finding time to ride is always the challenge and getting up the motivation to ride when the stars align and you get the option is always present. Tonight I was able to find both and got off work alittle early and fired around elm creek for a one lap lactic acid body bath. I broke 20 mph for the whole lap (20.2). Lap time was about 42 minutes clockwise around the loop. For those of you that don't ride it often, it is very hilly and sneaky in it's difficulty. Conditions were windy and I really had to hammer to keep up momentum. You high mileage guys might scoff at this feet but for a present weekend warrior this was pretty good. This was my Personal best for the year.
Ciao for now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one time i was driving to las vegas and i kept up an average speed of 80 mph. wow thats fast, and the thing was i wasn't sober. and then when i got their i lost all my savings, like 1,400 dollars, and the kicker was i had just quite my job. Man that was the best trip ever and it had to be a personal best. congrats to me

Anonymous said...

Hey Bill,
I figured it was you. Nice.... Vegas, the comment about boozing.
Love ya buddy!
Erik

Anonymous said...

Is he the skate boarder? Elm Creek is tough! People don't get it until they ride it a few times. What a gift to have in our back yard!

Erik said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erik said...

Bill and I grew up together in LA. His mother is my godmother. In essence, he is my little brother (not so little). I sensed his humor in the posts but wasn't quite sure. (he can be a bit of an instigator). I was a way better skater than him :)!
Love ya Bill!