Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday ride update!



6 and then 7 riders rode out from trailhead today on cool saturday morning. We are getting into one of the best time of the year to be out on the bike. Comraderie and competition were the order of the day. Saturday rides are always good when you can take alittle time to enjoy the scenery. Riding in the northwest corner of the metro area brings the advantage of having the luxuries of suburbia while being able to ride in the country. It was good to be able to get out on a fine saturday morning. For all of those participating in the State Road race, Good Riding and Good Luck!

Tom Danielson has announced he will be joining Slipstream-Chipotle next season giving them a potentially strong GC rider. I think this is a good fit for him. He never fit in with the Belgies at Discovery. I think Vaughters will be good for him and be able to manage him better psychologically. He never did well with the pressure of being tagged the "next lance". He will ride with less expectations but still have a good supporting cast. He and VandeVelde can work to gether on GC in stage races. I am excited to see this american team grow. I think they will better represent what American Cycling is about. Discovery seemed to have lost it's moral compass (if it ever had it). Vaughters brings a "ride clean" attitude to a sport the sorely needs it.
Ciao for Now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure who you are? I'm not to concerned about my diet or my abs and your link is bogus.

Anonymous said...

i'm concerned about my abs. i use the budweiser diet. You should see mine, the bitches love them