Friday, May 18, 2007

Quick ride in the Park

I went for a quick lap in the park today after an all day in-service to burn off the fish and chips I had for lunch. I ran into Bernie in the park and we road for about a quarter of a lap. Riding with Bernie in the park is like this.
Me: Hey Bernie how'ya doin?
Bernie: Pretty good. Good to see ya man!
Me: How many laps you doin? (pant pant)
Bernie: 5, How bout you.
Me: 1 then I gotta get home (pant, pant) Thinking to my self: stay on his wheel, god, I feel like I'm gonna puke! shit, why did I drink the stupid guinness.... Man he's frickin' fast. crap I soiled myself. I can hardly wait till they get this RAAM thing outta their system. Shit, this sucks.
Bernie: What else is new!
Me: Just started (Breath) a new (breath) job. (pant)(gasp) Hey man, why don't you just go on. I am just (gasp) taking it easy to(shit)day.
Bernie: Okay man, Always nice riding with you.

So I ride for awhile. And I am feeling pretty good. The legs are coming around and I have picked up the pace after blowing up thanks to the good old Bernmeister, when.....

(Riding up behind me comes.....)
Bernie: Hey man!
Me: Geez Bernie, that's nice you only lapped me in Elm Creek. That's great......
(I guess I gotta ride some more......)

So in summation while riding with Bernie is great, it can at times be a humbling experience.
See you on a ride.
Ciao for Now!

1 comment:

B Train said...

Always great to ride with you Erik! Thanks for the kind words!

Here's to many more laps around the park!