Friday, January 4, 2008

Hope

I am reminded after the Iowa Caucus about how great this country really is. I hope that whoever our next president is comes with the attitude that they can solve problems. I am tired of excuses and views rooted in greed and convenience. I want to see our government work for us, not for corporate America. I want our politicians to be less jaded, more motivated, and more hopeful. I want them to remind us of our sameness, not use our differences to divide us and make us weak so they can do what benefits them and not us. What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am not ready for this election stuff. the voting is the cool part its all the crap, tearing down of one another on public tv that turns my tummy. when it is all on the line - we really get to see the nitty gritty...give it a few months. I am with you though. this time right now is why so many have put their lives in the hands of the Almighty - freedom....and cycling.

nerdman said...

Obama is the man!!!!!!!!!! Did you listen to that speech? Awesome!!

Erik said...

He was very impressive. I have had one of his books that has sat on my bedside stand from last christmas. I watched his speech last night. Lets just say that I started reading the book..... I have reserved judgement on this election. My hope that we elect someone with integrity. Up until about 2 years ago, I thought man was John McCain. I am less of a believer in his character of now. I still think he is a good man but he and John Kerry were good friends before the last election and He let bush drag his reputation as a decorated veteran through the mud. He sided with a man that in the 2000 election did the same thing to him. Rove spread lies about McCain's family and used dirty tricks to win the election. McCain then sides with Bush and buddies up to the political establishment to be the next "heir apparent". I will remember that. It is a shame because I think at one time he could unite the country. I think Obama has the opportunity to be just that. I still will reserve judgement.